Housing Application Update: January 31, 2022
Please note that SSCS is not accepting housing applications currently to prepare for the opening of our new development, Spirit Creek Apartments. Visit Spirit Creek Apartments for more information.
Safe, quiet, affordable and situated in a central and convenient location, Riverstones Apartments are close to bus routes, recreational facilities, shopping centres and schools. Riverstones contains one-bedroom plus den and two-bedroom homes, each complete with a parking stall, onsite mail delivery and amazing views.
Riverstones is comprised of 5 apartment buildings with 84 units of 1 bedroom + den and 2 bedroom apartments. This includes 54 below-market units and 30 subsidized units for seniors and persons with disabilities.
Subsidized tenants must meet the following eligibility:
- Senior– Defined as a single person age 55 and older, or a couple where at least one person is age 55 or older
- People with disabilities – Those who can live independently and are in receipt of a recognized disability pension or are considered disabled for income tax purposes
- Gross (before tax) household income limit of $58,000 annually
- Rental rate: Tenants who receive income from employment pay 30% gross monthly toward rent. Tenants receiving PWD, CPP, etc. pay a monthly flat rate as determined by BC Housing
- Applicants must apply through the BC Housing Registry for a subsidized unit: https://housingapplication.bchousing.org/
Below-market apartment rental rates & eligibility:
|Unit type||Rent Rate ($)||Eligibility|
|One Bedroom||$1,250 – 1,300||Gross (before tax) household income of $75,730*|
|Two Bedroom||$1,450 – 1,500||Gross (before tax) household income of $117,080*|
*As per BC Housing Low-to-Moderate Income limits for 2021.
Smoking is not allowed in units or common areas; there are two designated smoking locations on property. Ground floor units allow one pet (with property manager approval).
Rent does not include hydro, cable/internet, or telephone. Each building has a common laundry room (pay per use).
One parking stall is included in rent. Storage units are available on site for an additional fee.
Housing contact information
Pam Razzano, Housing Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org, 604 892 5177