Applications for market rental units will be accepted starting March 1st and will close once we have reached waitlist capacity.
Annual Income for Individuals/Couples:
$25,200 – $75,730
Annual Income for Families (with dependents 18 years or under):
$51,600 – $117,080
SSCS Housing Application Process
1. All applications to SSCS Housing will be accepted for review.
2. Applications must meet the program criteria established by the BC Housing operating agreements (ie. income levels) to be considered eligible.
3. All applicants must declare their income on their application and provide verification.
4. If an application is denied, the applicant will be informed in writing and their application returned or destroyed. Staff are not required to provide further information regarding declined applications.
5. If an application is accepted, the applicant must contact the Society at least once per year to confirm continued interest in housing and to update income, employment, or living situation information.
6. The Society generates an applicant list of active and complete applications from which tenants will be selected:
a. Below-market units: Housing offers are on a first-come, first-served basis in the order their application was added to the Applicant List.
b. Subsidized (Rent Geared to Income) units: Housing offers are made according to housing need (as per BC Housing scoring system) and selected by a Tenant Selection Committee.
7. Housing offers are in writing via email (unless no email is provided, then the offer will be by telephone).
8. Applicants have three business days to consider the offer before moving on to the next eligible applicant.
9. If an applicant refuses three housing offers, they will be removed from the Applicant List and asked to reapply in one year’s time.
Application and Income Documents Checklist
*IMPORTANT: Please have all your documents ready to upload before you begin the application process online.
1. Fully completed & signed* SSCS Housing Application form with income verification.
*After submitting your online application, we will reach out to you for your signature.
2. Copies of recent Bank Statements or bank books for ALL Bank Accounts showing the last three (3) consecutive month’s transactions & the current balance of each account
*Note: Bank Statements and/or bank books must clearly display/include the Applicant’s full name and account number.
3. If employed, copies of three most recent paystubs.
4. Copy of completed and filed Income Tax Form (T1 General) and Notice of Assessment for the previous year (only required if employment income is seasonal or fluctuates).
5. Copies of recent BC Benefits Cheque Stubs and/or a Letter from the Ministry verifying the gross benefit amount you receive per month.
6. Copies of recent statements (over the last three (3) consecutive months) of all assets i.e. Bonds, Mutual Funds, Term Deposits, RRSPs, etc.
Housing application questions, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 604 892 5177