SSCS regularly receives input from stakeholders, personnel and individuals who receive services. The input is used to assist in decision making and planning.
External Stakeholders are identified by SSCS and updated regularly.
Input may include feedback on general operations, concerns or complaints, suggestions for improvements or other issues pertinent to the improvement of the Society.
- In cases of a complaint, employees will listen politely to the complainant, clearly acknowledge the complaint and thank the person for sharing their concern. Employees will not agree or make promises to the complainant; nor will they express anger or argue with the complainant.
- If the complainant is requesting or recommending action by SSCS, they will be provided a Complaint Documentation Form. Employees will record the name, address and telephone number of the complainant and inform them that the concern will be brought to the attention of the Executive Director.
- This written information will be forwarded immediately to the Executive Director, and/or the Board of Directors if appropriate.
Input is received from internal stakeholders:
- Individuals receiving services may provide input to and/or approach any of the employees or Management Team with input. Presentations and/or written reports may be submitted to the employees, Management Team, Executive Director or the Board of Directors.
- Persons served are invited to participate in an annual Client Satisfaction Survey which addresses the following areas: access to service, health and safety, clarity and timelines of information and experience with SSCS.
- Persons served and the general public are invited to provide feedback at any time through the agency website, www.sscs.ca. All feedback is filtered through the SSCS Admin team and directed to the appropriate Manager, Director or the Executive Director for consideration and response.
- Employees may provide input to the Labour Management Committee, Health and Safety Committee and to their immediate Supervisor or the Manager who is responsible for their program area.
- Volunteers may provide input to the Human Resource Manager or to any of the Management Team or program staff.
Input is received from external stakeholders:
- External stakeholders may provide input to the Management Team, Executive Director and/or the Board of Directors.
- Key Stakeholders will be requested to provide input to the Society. The responsibility for facilitating this input is with the Executive Director or designate.
- External stakeholders are invited to participate in an annual Community Stakeholder Survey, which addresses the following: access to service, health and safety, clarity and timelines of information, experience with SSCS and perceived needs/gaps in service in the community.
- Community members and the general public are invited to provide feedback at any time through the agency website, www.sscs.ca. All feedback is filtered through the SSCS Admin team and directed to the appropriate Manager, Director or the Executive Director for consideration and response.
Use of input:
- The Board of Directors review input provided and gives direction to the Executive Director for follow up.
- Input specific to the Society’s service delivery shall be directed to the Management Team for follow up.
- Individuals or groups who provide input to the Society may inquire as to the actions taken with regards to their input. Wherever possible specific responses will be provided to the Stakeholders.
- Submissions and response will be documented by the Society.
- Board meeting minutes will note receiving input and related actions or decisions.