Squamish Youth Resource Centre
Currently at the Squamish Youth Resource Centre..
Youth Centre Open
Monday to Friday
12 to 12:30 pm
and 3 to 7pm
Events and Out Trips
Out Trip – Vallea Lumina, Dec 114-9:30, $25
Holiday Dinner – Thursday Dec 19, Food, Photos with Santa, Games, and more!! Free
Closed December 21 – Jan 5th
Reopens Jan 6th regular hours
Friday Night Late Night Activities 7-9pm
Includes cooking food, music, dancing, and games. Free for all youth.
A great way to grow up
This free meeting place in Squamish provides both a drop-in and structured program. The centre is for local teenagers 12-18 years old. Young adults between 19 and 24 years of age can also access some services. The Youth Resource Centre provides Squamish youth with:
- A safe place to drop in and hang out
- Someone to talk to
- Planned daily activities — like games, meals, and out-trips
- Free snacks
- A pool table, fussball, ping pong and air hockey
- Video Games (PS4, WII)
- Bikes, scooters, skateboards, snowboards and skiis lending program
- Recreational and cultural out-trips (retreats, movie theaters, aquariums, etc.)
- Activities at Brennan Park Recreation Centre (skating, open gym nights, etc.)
- Advocacy and support to access resources, services and information
- Free shower facilities, clothes and hygiene products, condoms and pregnancy tests
- Emergency food bank and access to food hampers through the local Food Bank
- Stay turned for annual Youth Week events during the first week of May!
- And so much more!
1135 Carson Place, beside the skate park and behind Howe Sound Secondary
Monday to Thursday
11:45-12:30 and 3-7pm
11:45-12:30 and 3-9pm
Interested in finding out more about our events or what we do each day? Check out our calendar !
“Everyone who uses the centre knows and understands that it is a safe place and the relationships between the youth workers and youth are well respected and that’s so important”
Now Accepting Donations!
Now Accepting Donations!
We are looking for new and used items in order to better serve the youth.
Items we are looking for:
- Skateboards, Scooters, Bikes
- Downhill Skiis
- Board Games
- Helmets (for all sports)
- Winter Clothing (warm jackets, warm pants, etc.)
- Coffee, Tea, Hot Chocolate
To donate or for any questions, please contact the Youth Centre Coordinator Caitlin Anderson at email@example.com or call 604-892-2207
Youth Centre Contact Information
1135 Carson Place, Squamish, British Columbia (see map)
Tel: 604 892 2207
Find us on:
The Squamish Youth Resource Centre is funded by the District of Squamish and supported by the Home Depot Canada Foundation