Child Care Resource and Referral
Helping parents and child care providers
The Child Care Resource and Referral Program (CCRR) is here to help all parents/guardians and child care providers in the Corridor.
For parents, we:
- Organize playgroups – a great way to spend a morning. Playgroups in Squamish and Pemberton take place in local parks when the weather’s good. We provide toys, equipment, snacks and activities
- Connect you to childcare providers
- Run a lending library with toys, resource boxes, equipment and books
- Help you access the provincial government’s Child Care Benefit Program
For child care providers, we:
- Help you in your decision to register as a License Not Required Care Provider (caring for up to two children other than your own) or to go through the licensing process through Vancouver Coastal Health to become a Licensed Family Daycare.
- Run monthly workshops. Register here.
This program runs in Squamish and Pemberton. The Squamish office has regular office hours:
- Mondays 9am – 4pm
- Tuesdays 12 – 7pm
- Wednesdays 9am – 4pm
- Thursdays 1 – 4pm (and we run a playgroup Thursdays from 9.30-11.30)
This program is funded by the Province of British Columbia.
“Friendly reliable staff that takes your concerns very seriously and helps to address them. As well as helps to facilitate anything you may need help with in the child care environment.”- Program participant
CCRR contact Information
Lisa MacIntosh, 604-815-4144
Or visit www.facebook.com/CCRRSeatoSky/
Playgroups are a great way to spend a morning with other families
If your child is six or younger, please join us for a free playgroup.This drop-in program is for childcare providers, parents, friends and relatives and the children in their care. The morning of free play wraps up with a short session of songs, rhymes and stories.
We offer outdoor Playgroups in Pemberton and Squamish during the summer months and rotate among the parks in the community.
In Squamish, the Indoor Playgroup runs from October 1 until May 1 at 38024 Fourth Ave in the Group Room.
CCRR provides toys, equipment, snacks and activities. To find out when there will be a CCRR playgroup near you, give 604-815-8814 a call.
For more drop-ins and playgroups, click here.