Program Expectations & Procedures
Program Expectations and Procedures
Counselling Assistance Fund for Men ages 15 and up, Couples and Families
- Applications can be filled out and submitted online or dropped off at our Pemberton or Squamish offices.
- Sea to Sky Community Services (SSCS) emails acknowledgement of your submitted application immediately. The program manager follows up within three weeks with instructions on obtaining the necessary information to start the program.
- Clients who qualify for the program are given a list of registered clinical counsellors and their information. Clients choose their own counsellor based on the information in the list. Clients can request to see a registered clinical counsellor who is not on the SSCS list or continue a previously established relationship with their counsellor providing the counsellor is willing to join the SSCS program. Registered clinical counsellors are able to join the program by providing their clinical counsellor registration number, their information and contact details. There is no fee to join the program.
- Business cards with the client’s reference number and name on the back are provided to clients to give to their counsellor at their initial appointment. More than one business card is given in case the client chooses to switch counsellors.
- Clients are responsible to pay their portion ($30/one hour session or $45/one and a half hours session) of their counselling fees directly to the counsellor.
- Clients are expected to show up for their scheduled appointments or give at least 24 hours’ cancellation notice.
- Clients can access a maximum of eight sessions. These sessions must be completed within eight months unless there are extenuating circumstances. Those situations will be determined on a case by case basis.
- All information between the client and their counsellor is confidential. SSCS is the referring agent and will only collect the information provided on the application.
- Clients are encouraged to contact SSCS staff if issues or barriers arise preventing the client from receiving service. The program manager information is below.
Counselling Assistance Fund Contact
Karen Clarke, Manager of Outreach Services
Tel: 604-892-5796 ext: 224 Cell: 604-815-7022