We are caring professionals. We strengthen individuals and build healthier communities.
Sea to Sky Community Services Society (SSCS) is a charitable organization, established in 1978. We help thousands of children, youth and adults, build their skills, abilities, confidence, self-worth and mental health. We help to create communities where people can support themselves and one another.
Our Vision: is for all individuals in the Sea to Sky Corridor to grow, develop, and lead meaningful lives. We want to create communities where everyone can support themselves and one another.
In all of our work, we strive to demonstrate:
- Integrity and professionalism
- Flexibility and responsiveness
- Inclusiveness and caring
- Collaboration and teamwork
Our goals are to:
- Provide high quality programs and services to meet the needs of our communities
- Maintain effective tools and comfortable, accessible space for service delivery
- Collaborate with partners when it can benefit the people we serve and our community
- Communiate respectfully at all times and work toward common understanding
- Encourage growth, learning, and self-sufficiency for all of our program participants, as well as SSCS employees and volunteers.
“With care, consideration and professionalism, we strive to enhance the quality of community life by providing support services to individuals and families living in the Sea to Sky Corridor, including providing affordable housing to low or moderate income individuals and families. We believe all individuals have the right to meaningful work, affordable housing and support in times of crisis and to meet everyday challenges.”
- Abused women get out of a bad relationship
- Young people gain the skills and confidence to make positive life choices
- People with developmental disabilities to find a job
- People who are homeless to find a place to live
- Parents to improve their parenting skills
- Children to get the best start in life